T.K. Floyd Foutz is a national speaker on topics related to diversity and inclusion.
She specializes in continuing legal education seminars on the impact of implicit bias in the legal profession.
She offers live and online presentations to legal organizations, including bar associations and law firms.
Prior Speaking Engagements
- Kansas Bar Association; Topic: Implicit Bias and Cultural Competence in the Legal Profession (June 2021)
- National Business Institute; Topic: Implicit Bias and the Brain (April 2021)
- Trucker Huss, APC; Topic: Recognizing the Value of Diversity and Inclusion (February 2021)
- Women’s Caucus of the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association; Topic: Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession (January 2021)
- American Bar Association; Topic: Challenges and Initiatives: Increasing Diversity & Inclusion in the Legal Profession (December 2020)
- Washington County (Oregon) District Attorney’s Office; Topic: Implicit Bias and Cultural Competence (October 2020)
- Oregon State Bar Litigation Institute; Topic: Understanding and Mitigating Implicit Bias (February 2020)
- Oregon State Bar CLE Seminar; Topic: Science of Implicit Bias (November 2018)
- Advanced Administrative Law CLE Conference, State Bar of Texas; Topic: Impact of Implicit Bias on Decision-Making (June 2018)
- Texas Bar CLE Webcast; Topic: Implicit Bias in Law Practice (March 2018)
- Association for Continuing Legal Education Annual Meeting; Topic: Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession and CLE Programming (February 2018)
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston/Kirkland & Ellison; Topic: Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession (March 2017)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, Advanced Legal Methods Courses; Topic: Cultural Consciousness (February 2017)
- Haynes and Boone Attorney Diversity Retreat; Topic: Implicit Bias (June 2016)
- “The presentation was outstanding and hit the right tone and level of information, and it addressed different organizational structures that are relevant beyond the law firm situation.”
- “This was an excellent program that will consistently help me in my interaction with people, of all sorts and types. Of course, making us better people makes us better attorneys.”
- “One of the best speakers I have ever experienced! Very informative and honestly inspiring. The material was well organized and well explained. Speaking method very effective, including crowd participation. Good opportunity for introspection.”
- “The seminar was surprisingly very good and surprisingly very interesting. The speaker was outstanding, and she made a challenging subject interesting.”
T.K. Floyd Foutz is a 2002 cum laude graduate of the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. She is also an alumna of Purdue University, earning undergraduate and graduate degrees. She has had a variety of professional experiences, including working as a law clerk to two federal judges and as a commercial litigator for three law firms. T.K. has also managed her own law practice, and she was a faculty member in the Law Success Program at St. Mary’s University School of Law.